What is ASIC?
The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) is Australia’s independent Commonwealth Government body, set up under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act (ASIC Act), acting as a corporate, markets and financial services regulator.
What does ASIC do?
ASIC contribute to Australia’s overall economic reputation and wellbeing by working to ensure that all financial markets are fair and that all investors and consumers are confident that they are making informed decisions. The ASIC Act 2001 requires that ASIC:
- Maintain, facilitate and improve the performance of the financial system as a whole, and the entities within it.
- Ensure financial systems are supported by confident and informed investors and consumers.
- Adhere to and enforce the law effectively.
- Ensure information about companies is available to the public when practicable.
How does ASIC relate to us, QuickSelect?
QuickSelect is the trading name of Australian Wholesale Fulfilment Pty Ltd ABN 45 139 505 463 and holds its own Australian Credit Licence (ACL No. 391 828) authorising us to provide credit under the legislation of ASIC.This license ensures that we follow general conduct obligations under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 to engage in credit activities fairly, honestly and effectively. Background checks have been completed on all of the employees named on the credit license held by QuickSelect to ensure all credit obligations are met. The License also ensures that employees are trained and experienced to manage any conflicts of interest effectively with a dispute resolution in place under the requirements approved by ASIC. As a credit licensee, QuickSelect have complied with the financial resource requirements, demonstrating this on an ongoing basis.
The ASIC license states that QuickSelect must:
- maintain organisational competence and training
- ensure that all employees have the appropriate qualifications and experience to provide financial solutions and meet the responsible lending obligations
- take reasonable steps to enquire, verify and make assessments on customer financial situations.
How does ASIC relate to you, our customers?
ASIC’s role is to regulate and enforce corporate, markets and financial service laws in order to protect Australian consumers and investors. As QuickSelect holds an ASIC credit license you are protected against misleading conduct through the enforcement of the law.
How can I contact ASIC?
For more information about ASIC you can visit www.asic.gov.au. ASIC also has an Infoline 1300 300 630, which you may use to make a complaint and/or obtain information about your rights. Alternatively, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org