Do QuickSelect hold a credit license?
Yes. QuickSelect is the trading name of Australian Wholesale Fulfilment Pty Ltd ABN 45 139 505 463 and holds its own Australian Credit Licence (ACL No. 391 828) authorising us to provide credit under the legislation of ASIC.
Why do QuickSelect hold a credit license?
The National Credit Act requires that any business that engages in the following credit activities will need to hold an Australian credit license:
• providing credit under a credit contract or consumer lease
• benefiting from mortgages or guarantees relating to a credit contract
• providing credit services in relation to a credit contract or consumer lease
• providing other prescribed credit activities.
There are two broad categories of people engaged in credit activities who need to be licensed:
• credit providers (i.e. lenders and lessors)
• providers of credit services, including intermediaries.
As a mortgage broker service, QuickSelect engages in credit activities.
What does holding a credit license mean?
Holding a credit license ensures that QuickSelect follow general conduct obligations under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 to engage in credit activities fairly, honestly and effectively. All of the employees named on the credit license held by QuickSelect have completed background checks in order to ensure all credit obligations are met. The license also ensures that employees are trained and experienced to manage any conflicts of interest effectively with a dispute resolution in place. As a credit licensee, QuickSelect have complied with the financial resource requirements and demonstrated this on an ongoing basis. This means that as a QuickSelect customer, you are protected against any misleading conduct.